Can I list specific files and folders deleted by specific date and please help folders structure and files names

Using TestDisk to undelete files
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Sairy

Can I list specific files and folders deleted by specific date and please help folders structure and files names

#1 Post by Sairy »

Dear sir

I have a QNAP Nas and got problem with QSync application on Aug 20, the Qsync Client on my Windows 10 PC automatic deleted my Website project in C:\WAMP64\ folders. QNAP shown me a guide to recovery my deleted files and the Photorec works perfectly, I can recovery a lot of files under folder re dir001..., that is really hard for me to recovery files and subfolders in WAMP folder because they are more 60,000 files. So my questions are:

1./ Is there a way to specific list the files deleted by the date Aug 20?

2./ Do these have a easy way to recognize the files deleted by the date Aug 20 to recovery them?

3./ Can I recover specific folder WAMP64 with Testdisk or Photorec?

4./ Do we have an automatic rebuild original files names and move them to original folders structures on Windows?

The deleted website which I am writing more than a year and nearly complete to up to host but it’s gone now. I am really frighten and do not know how to recovery them back again. I do not know about the Linux codes and only know to copy and follow the instructions from Testdisk.pdf to process the recovery. Also the QSync Client on my PC has a log with deteted files name and folders with the time when the files and folders had deleted
. I am thank you so much for your helps.

Thanks Sir

recuperation

Re: Can I list specific files and folders deleted by specific date and please help folders structure and files names

#2 Post by recuperation »

Sairy wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 18:56 Dear sir

I have a QNAP Nas and got problem with QSync application on Aug 20, the Qsync Client on my Windows 10 PC automatic deleted my Website project in C:\WAMP64\ folders. QNAP shown me a guide to recovery my deleted files and the Photorec works perfectly, I can recovery a lot of files under folder re dir001..., that is really hard for me to recovery files and subfolders in WAMP folder because they are more 60,000 files. So my questions are:

1./ Is there a way to specific list the files deleted by the date Aug 20?
No.

2./ Do these have a easy way to recognize the files deleted by the date Aug 20 to recovery them?
I am not aware of common files systems that store information about date and time of file deletion.

3./ Can I recover specific folder WAMP64 with Testdisk or Photorec?
Only with Testdisk.

4./ Do we have an automatic rebuild original files names and move them to original folders structures on Windows?
Not with Photodisk. If Testdisk fails and you want to recover such metadata try out other (commercial) software.

The deleted website which I am writing more than a year and nearly complete to up to host but it’s gone now. I am really frighten and do not know how to recovery them back again.
You should not use the drive because deleted data which is still there could be overwritten.
The ability to recover depends on the file system used.

I do not know about the Linux codes and only know to copy and follow the instructions from Testdisk.pdf to process the recovery.
You might consider paying of professional recovery lab as well.

Sairy

Re: Can I list specific files and folders deleted by specific date and please help folders structure and files names

#3 Post by Sairy »

Thank you so much for the information. As the question 3 that Testdisk is the best option for me now. Could you please guide me the way to recovery the specific Wamp64 folder with Testdisk? Thanks you so much.

recuperation

#4 Post by recuperation »

Run Testdisk, select the drive, select the partition table type, run analyse. Use the "p" key to list files of the selection partition.
Check all listed partitions for the ability to list files within. If the content is readable you get into a menu describing how to select and copy files.
If you are still missing the desired information run deep search and proceed with "p" as above.