external HDD dont have any partition

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Kamo17

external HDD dont have any partition

#1 Post by Kamo17 »

hi everyone,
i have a 2 Tera Toshiba hdd which I have a problem since last October, and iv been searching for solutions since thin till i found your forum .
when i plug the hard drive into pc or my laptop it flashes and i can hear its spinning , but in (my computer) doesn't appear, although in disk management it appears with full capacity (unallocated) and i can not initiate it by disk management.
iv tried many online solutions but with no success, during that time i managed to recover its data by using Disk drill app which took about 3 weeks continually to recover 1 tera of data.
now i start the testdisk to resolve the HDD but the result says i don't have any partitions .
attached screen shots of what i managed to do and if there is anyone can help me or guide me what to do or how to resolve this issue ill be very thankful .
thank you in advance :( :roll:

Kamo17

Re: external HDD dont have any partition

#2 Post by Kamo17 »

And no one is helping...

fyodor

#3 Post by fyodor »

I'm not seeing your image, which appears to be simply a local link to a file on your Windows system:

http://file///C:/Users/TECH/Desktop/555 ... 014557.jpg

I suspect you may have drag-n-dropped the image into your browser.

There is an "Attachments" tab below the text entry box where you can add files. Per the forum recommendations, images should be added this way (as opposed to using a third party image host).

It is not entirely clear what your situation is from your original post, making it difficult to make any suggestions.

Your post seems to indicate that you recovered the data: "i managed to recover its data". Is there more (unrecovered) data on the drive?

Which steps did you take with testdisk?

johnshelbyy

#4 Post by johnshelbyy »

Kamo17 wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 13:35 hi everyone,
i have a 2 Tera Toshiba hdd which I have a problem since last October, and iv been searching for solutions since thin till i found your forum .
when i plug the hard drive into pc or my laptop it flashes and i can hear its spinning , but in (my computer) doesn't appear, although in disk management it appears with full capacity (unallocated) and i can not initiate it by disk management.
iv tried many online solutions but with no success, during that time i managed to recover its data by using Disk drill app which took about 3 weeks continually to recover 1 tera of data.mykfcexperience MyPrepaidCenter
now i start the testdisk to resolve the HDD but the result says i don't have any partitions .
attached screen shots of what i managed to do and if there is anyone can help me or guide me what to do or how to resolve this issue ill be very thankful .
thank you in advance :( :roll:
If the external hard drive is not showing up, perhaps the problem lies in the USB port itself. Try connecting it to a different USB port on the same computer. This USB port may be damaged and not working or, alternatively, there is not enough power to detect an external hard drive.

If the external hard drive is not showing up on Windows 10, connect it to another computer, even one with a different operating system. If this helped, then you were dealing with an incompatibility between the external hard drive and a specific computer’s OS.