unknown partition appeared and it's RAW

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
itami

unknown partition appeared and it's RAW

#1 Post by itami »

My wd passport hdd had three partitions, one 1TB, one 80GB and one 10GB, the rest is unallocated. Now everything gone and unknown partition appeared, it's 37GB partition and RAW, the rest are stated unallocated. It is possible to recover everything as before? My data were in 1TB partition and it was NTFS. I tried to follow the manual, but I am stuck at "choose NTFS partition and choose boot". I don't see that option. I appreciate any help.

recuperation

Re: unknown partition appeared and it's RAW

#2 Post by recuperation »

My wd passport hdd had three partitions, one 1TB, one 80GB and one 10GB, the rest is unallocated. Now everything gone and unknown partition appeared, it's 37GB partition and RAW, the rest are stated unallocated. It is possible to recover everything as before? My data were in 1TB partition and it was NTFS. I tried to follow the manual, but I am stuck at "choose NTFS partition and choose boot". I don't see that option. I appreciate any help.
"Image" is as much as no documentation!
An internet folder is not an image.
If you do not even manage to include external pictures in your posting I seriously doubt I am able to help. Use the attachment tab on the bottom of the page to upload images.

Is that too difficult?!

itami

Re: unknown partition appeared and it's RAW

#3 Post by itami »

testdisk - Imgur.png
testdisk - Imgur.png (51.11 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
sorry, this is my first time in a forum