Hi All!

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
psylosyfer

Hi All!

#1 Post by psylosyfer »

Well! I few of you thought that you were lost! I have to claim the dummy prize! After I did all my downloads, and read all my notes, it was then that I realized. I do not have any Linux! or any way to get it with this machine the way it is!
Somehow, my home network picked up a copy of "1cd Russian Enterprise 8", You can't imagine the damage it's doing to all our electronics. I have a 3-4 week old home theater, that won't work! a Roku box, two laptops and a desktop.
This is the only PC still functional at all. The point is, Is there a way to compile the disk in windows or dos? Nothing else even see's the problem programs! Microsoft is (of course) clueless! Not a single commercial rootkit remover has even detected these, I think I counted 84 files/tools/utilities. I cannot delete a single one, all I can do is make it harder for the winsys32 tools to be where 1cd can find them easily. I have tried a new HDD, but it now is infected!
I think my phone memory chip did that! But I'm Guessing. I had the internet off, battery out, unplugged. I even pulled the larger of my two sdrams. Can anyone please offer a solution! I am disabled, and broke! or I would replace the whole mess! Iv'e seen the problem files on a borrowed PhotoRec that a friend had on "ultimate boot disk" PhotoRec is the only program to show up the hidden files! but I could not find a delete function. It being designed to recover, no surprise! If I have to deal with this much longer I'm going insane! Any Ideas???
Thanks in advance Ray P.

psylosyfer

Re: Hi All!

#2 Post by psylosyfer »

psylosyfer wrote:Well! I few of you thought that you were lost! I have to claim the dummy prize! After I did all my downloads, and read all my notes, it was then that I realized. I do not have any Linux! or any way to get it with this machine the way it is!
Somehow, my home network picked up a copy of "1cd Russian Enterprise 8", You can't imagine the damage it's doing to all our electronics. I have a 3-4 week old home theater, that won't work! a Roku box, two laptops and a desktop.
This is the only PC still functional at all. The point is, Is there a way to compile the disk in windows or dos? Nothing else even see's the problem programs! Microsoft is (of course) clueless! Not a single commercial rootkit remover has even detected these, I think I counted 84 files/tools/utilities. I cannot delete a single one, all I can do is make it harder for the winsys32 tools to be where 1cd can find them easily. I have tried a new HDD, but it now is infected!
I think my phone memory chip did that! But I'm Guessing. I had the internet off, battery out, unplugged. I even pulled the larger of my two sdrams. Can anyone please offer a solution! I am disabled, and broke! or I would replace the whole mess! Iv'e seen the problem files on a borrowed PhotoRec that a friend had on "ultimate boot disk" PhotoRec is the only program to show up the hidden files! but I could not find a delete function. It being designed to recover, no surprise! If I have to deal with this much longer I'm going insane! Any Ideas???
Thanks in advance Ray P.