How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Feb 2013, 18:14
I used GParted to resize an HFS+ partition on an external disk. There was another Linux partition on the disk, which has been rendered unmountable from this process. When I analyse the cylinder with TestDisk, I'm shown the two partitions, types HFS+ and Linux. The files and directories still exist on the Linux partition, so I would like to simply write the partition structure to disk, but I'm of course getting
Code: Select all
Function write_part_mac not implemented Use pdisk to recreate the missing partition using values displayed by TestDisk
I've tried to change the type of the HFS+ partition to Linux (I really don't care if it's preserved, although I'd like to preserve everything, if possible), but I still get the same output. I actually have a PPC with pdisk, but I don't think using it is the answer here. I can copy the files, but I don't have enough backup space to copy all of them. Can anyone suggest a better method?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests