Fixed! Thank you! Topic is solved

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
joecool6969

Fixed! Thank you!

#1 Post by joecool6969 »

Had a graphics driver failure that I could not recover from. Backed up my system in safe mode and began the re-install process. During vista install it inverted my two disks, showing the 2nd disk as 1st, and I unwittingly deleted the main partition on my second disk instead of my windows partition on the 1st disk. I INSTANTLY realized my mistake, deleted the correct partition and continued with the install, making sure not to disturb disk 2 again. The last time I messed up a partition or drive it was hours upon hours of searching for files.
I searched the web for partition recovery, found your site, downloaded version 7.0 Beta, launched the program, selected the disk and then the partition type, analyzed, it immediately showed the two partitions, one active one not, I changed the deleted one to primary left the other alone selected save and BAM! Your software fixed my problem in 12 seconds flat!* Thank you so much!!

*Not including the reading of the instruction manual and or the time i sat there frozen with my finger on the enter button on the Write function :P