Help - Recovery on Android

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Ethan

Help - Recovery on Android

#1 Post by Ethan »

Hello,

I am new to these forums and need some help. I am boarding with a lady who has two children staying here, and last night the one got smart and deleted every picture and video on the phone. It is a Samsung GT-S7562 with an Android OS of 4.04. I have an OS of Win7 on my computer, and have tried both PhotoRec and TestDisk on Win7 and Win7 x64, but it fails to even detect the phone is attached via USB. Can someone please help me to recover these photos?

Thanks a ton,

Ethan

Fiona

Re: Help - Recovery on Android

#2 Post by Fiona »

Partitions and the internal card are protected.
That's why you probably cannot mount any internal storage.
But there should be certain android undelete and recovery software available.
Example;
http://www.icare-recovery.com/data-recovery-free.html
I've no idea about those software and it's only a recommendation.
FREE CELLPHONE Recovery

free htc recovery If your mobile phone has stored photos or videos or music files but were deleted or reformatted by mistake, you can use such freeware to restore files.

Supported mobile phone brands: HTC, Blackberry, Samsung, Nokia, Mortorola, Toshiba mobile phone, LG phone etc.

Restore files: photos, videos, music files like mp3, mp4, avi, 3GP...
But free recovery is limited to 1 GB.

To bypass such problems, it's recommeded to use an external card and changing the storage path of your desired apps, folders to your extcard, to store data like documents, photos, music and videos there.
It'll also free up space of your internal card and might increase average system speed.
If something gets accidentally deleted, you can use a normal cardreader on any pc, laptop and datarecovery software like TestDisk and PhotRec to get your data back.

Fiona

Ethan

#3 Post by Ethan »

Fiona, thank you for the help. Sadly she did not listen to me when I said not to use the phone and definitely not take any pictures, stating "Well, I didn't upload them to FaceBook so it should still be fine, right?" :x I did not bother trying to recover anything since she has been taking more photos, but I will keep it in mind should this happen again.

cgrenier
Site Admin

#4 Post by cgrenier »

The phone was probably not detected by PhotoRec because it wasn't set in USB storage mode, see FAQ
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec ... orage_mode

stevengerrard

#5 Post by stevengerrard »

I think MyJad Android Data Recovery would be your best choice.
MyJad Android Data Recovery is designed to help you recover any images, songs, videos, documents, archives, and more data stored on your SD card inside the Android phone. Scan, check and recover. Three simple clicks bring your digital life back to life.

marioscaff

#6 Post by marioscaff »

Hi, man! It is possible to recover deleted photos and videos on Android, you know when a deletion happen, it doesn't mean that the file has been wiped from hard drive, the files system just make a "deleted" flag to the data, which make us can't see it as normal. Until new data save to the space where the original data save in, it will be overwritten by new data. Therefore, you can use an Android Data Recovery to recover deleted photos and videos.

TinaHrio

#7 Post by TinaHrio »

I feel your pain. I thought I had backed up to Google and the VZ tech told me they could not find it or I set it up ander a different account. Somethinbg wrong there because I've only had one account and always had the setting on "back up my data" to recover deleted contacts from Android.

I lost all my 1200 contacts but was able to recover them from my work laptop that also had them backed up on Act.

I find what you say is true in that even I used the VZ back up program and the Google back up. When I needed them neither would restore when I really needed Android Data Recovery too!

I had to re-install 50 programs I had installed on the Charge. Even the Market.android.com would not put them back on.

But then many will respond with "I had no issues on the upgrade" that does not help the ones of us that did. Glad we are not getting Ice Cream upgrade so I don't have to deal with this again!

I'm sure there are programs that will back everything up for us but one would think the programs that came stock with the phone would do that for us. I never had issues with my former Blackberries as backing up was flawless.
Read more:
How to recover deleted text messages from Android

Erikkl

#8 Post by Erikkl »

Thanks to the Android SMS+Contacts Recovery tool, I got back all the lost contacts from Android. For other data, you need sd card data recovery tool.

henna45

#9 Post by henna45 »

All Android phone brands provide Android data recovery tools. In case someone loses data, he can use those tools. Some days ago same problem happened to me and I used data recovery tools and got back whole data.