NSTF to FAT32 Undo Partition

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
chetiamdaone

NSTF to FAT32 Undo Partition

#1 Post by chetiamdaone »

Hello I am not an expert.

I have an external HD with Files/Pictures/Documents stored. It was originally in NTSF and had 1TB of storage. I wanted to allocate 30GB to use with my XBOX. I used the Windows Disk Management tool to Shrink the Volume by 30GB. Then I assigned the new 30GB a new drive letter and created it as a FAT32 partition. All went well and my computer showed both the 30GB FAT32 and the 970GB NTSF. All the files and documents were still accessible. When I plugged the external HD to my xbox it recognized the allocated 30GB FAT32 and I was able to save games on it. The problem began when I Plugged it back to my computer. The NTSF was no longer visible and all the storage was assigned to FAT32. Also when I click on it it shows a hidden folder called XBOX but other than that there is nothing there. I can recover all my documents and photos via a data recovery program but they wouldn't be organized the way I had them. Is there a way to unformat it so I can keep everything the way it was? I don't care about losing my XBOX information