Please, help me to recover my external hard disk

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Bety

Please, help me to recover my external hard disk

#1 Post by Bety »

Hi, good morning

I have a external hard drive, FAT32, of 1T. I quit it manually because I cannot quit it safe by using the little icon at the right hand bottom. The following day: Now, the computer recognize the external hard drive, appear this icon but i cannot open it:

Then i tried to opne in another computer, and there appear the message that say more or less taht it does not has format and asked me if i want to reformatting. Then, I download TestDisk and I press on: Create--I select the external hard drive J--then I select Intel--then Analyse and That is what i'm getting:

I'm afraid about what mean "Check_FAT Cannot read FAT boot sector" what mean that? I will could recover all the files that I have in that external hard drive? Can you help me please? it's very important, I put my life into all the proyect files I have there, oh, please

Bety

Re: Please, help me to recover my external hard disk

#2 Post by Bety »

The analize has finished and say this:

Whant Can I do now? what does it mean? I know I still have all my files in the external hard drive because I take a look with another free recover apliccation (without get the files because it will take 14hours and i'm afraid I will not recover all type of files that I have), but how can I recover all the files without any recover program? I mean, only with TestDisk