TestDisk scan: unable to write partition table

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Iceking007

Re: TestDisk scan: unable to write partition table

#11 Post by Iceking007 »

Okay, I fallowed your instructions and rebooted so now I have my D: drive back which hosts my "My Documents" folder enabling "windows explorer" to function again (good thing I had Adobe Bridge to get me by navigating my system and network for the time being).

On reboot however I'm missing my H: drive and I have a large portion of the array still marked as unallocated.

Perhaps it's best to merge it together with Acronis and then restore data with backup? Now I can see the size of the partitions so my backups should work? Or I can do more fixing with test disk?

Iceking007

#12 Post by Iceking007 »

New log
testdisk.zip
(8.92 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
When I look in Acronis disk director it still shows my "Storage Data A" label so it just lost the drive letter and has unallocated space after my data (2GB worth)

I think that's an easy fix unless you're seeing something that I'm not?

Iceking007

#13 Post by Iceking007 »

YES!!!!

Thank you for all your hard work, dedication, and endurance. I made some changes in disk director but got an error, went back into testdisk and went Advanced >Type >MS DATA >NTFS >BOOT >REBUILD BS >write >quit Restart, back into disk director to add drive letter and now it looks like everything is back to normal.

The only thing I notice that is 'off' right now is that when I go into testdisk it still lists it as EFI System not MS DATA, so I'm not sure if that's a problem?