what to do with .log file

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
tia1971

what to do with .log file

#1 Post by tia1971 »

So it took like a week to do a deep scan on a problem I had with an external hard drive that the partition go messed up someone how. Anyway I did a deep scan and when it finished all it did was give me a 230 gb log file and I didn't understand what to do next and I was going out of town right before it finally finished and didn't have enough time to figure out what to do...So I have this 230 gb log file that apparently are recovered files...How do I get the actual files from the log file? I am lost at what to do to actually recover my files... Please help I have a lot of important files I need right now.

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: what to do with .log file

#2 Post by cgrenier »

You can delete this huge log file.
There have been a lot of read errors. You should contact a data recovery company to deal with this hardware problem.

tia1971

#3 Post by tia1971 »

Oh I thought this program was going to help me recover the files. I was scared to delete it because it is important information somewhere on that drive and 230 gb seems right about how much stuff i had stored on there.

tia1971

#4 Post by tia1971 »

The other thing is after running this deep scan with testdrive which on several sites said this is one of the best but after it was scanned and created the log file the partitions were not there any more.