TestDisk successfully listing files/folders when selected None Option Topic is solved

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
hasan137

TestDisk successfully listing files/folders when selected None Option

#1 Post by hasan137 »

hi,

i have a Western Digital 1 TB Internal HDD. Power Went off, and when the computer boots back again, the 1 TB HDD which i was using as a single NTFS partition as a Data Drive not appearing in the drive list. I open the disk management and it start giving me the option of making it a basic HDD and other options as if it was a new hard drive. i didnt select any thing and just closed the Disk management.

i googled and found test disk. i ran it, and selected intel platform and go for analysis. but the analysis is not able to find the actual NTFS Partition after running for hours, but suggesting some fat options.

i then selected the None option and it successfully showed me in Seconds that my Harddrive contain an NTFS Partition, then i list files and folders and it properly shows me all my Data. i got too much happy. But when i press the enter key to write the NTFS Partition table which TestDisk has found, it has given me error, that it cannot write the founded partition when NONE is selected.

Kindly let me know, what to do, when testDisk has found all my data but unable to write it. Attaching Log files which it has generated. The Log files may contain other irrelevant entries as i was exploring the software.

Thanks.

Hasan Zubair
Attachments
testdisk.zip
(7.61 KiB) Downloaded 370 times

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: TestDisk successfully listing files/folders when selected None Option

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Run TestDisk, select \\.\PhysicalDrive0, Analyse, Quick Search, Stop, use 'a' to manually add a partition starting at 0 0 63 (modify the starting sector), set the partition type to 7 (NTFS),
set the partition as P(rimary). On next screen, choose Write, confirm, Quit and restart your computer.
You should be able to access your data.

hasan137

Re: TestDisk successfully listing files/folders when selected None Option

#3 Post by hasan137 »

Thank YOU so much. all the file folders are recovered/restored, get visible like Before.

Thanks, once again. Appreciated. Very nice software.