Error size boot_sector. Help!!!

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Nemo90

Error size boot_sector. Help!!!

#1 Post by Nemo90 »

Good afternoon.
He did the correct analysis of the hard drive, but the boot system is broken. I get this fault.

Error: size boot_sector 7813965824 > partition 4294967295

Code: Select all

TestDisk 7.1-WIP, Data Recovery Utility, April 2018
Christophe GRENIER <grenier@cgsecurity.org>
https://www.cgsecurity.org
                                                                                                                        Disk /dev/sde - 4000 GB / 3725 GiB - CHS 486397 255 63
     Partition                  Start        End    Size in sectors
 1 * HPFS - NTFS              0  32 33 267349 121 35 4294967295
                                                                                                                        Boot sector
Error: size boot_sector 7813965824 > partition 4294967295
                                                                                                                        Backup boot sector
                                                                                                                        Sectors are not identical.
                                                                                                                        A valid NTFS Boot sector must be present in order to access
any data; even if the partition is not bootable.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        >[  Quit  ]  [Rebuild BS]  [  Dump  ]
                            Return to Advanced menu

Has anyone missed this error?

Thank you very much

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Error size boot_sector. Help!!!

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Was your disk part of a Raid0 setup ?
If it was not the case, try RebuildBS, List and if you can see your files, choose Write, confirm, Quit

Nemo90

Re: Error size boot_sector. Help!!!

#3 Post by Nemo90 »

I have tried RebuildBS, List and I can see my files. But it does not leave me Write. The operation fails.
Thank you very much.