How to recover RAID0 files with Boot Os on?

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
mike61986

How to recover RAID0 files with Boot Os on?

#1 Post by mike61986 »

Greetings to all..,

I would like some advice for my problem below.

Long story short:
I have an MSI GS70 Notebook with 2xSSD's in RAID0 with boot OS on them and an extra HDD. I went through a BIOS update and it messed up my RAID0. As a result only one disk was shown as RAID0 and the other Non-RAID.

I followed instructions on how to re-build the RAID0 (exactly as it was)and I have booted up through a USB Win on The GO. I am on a stage where I see the disk but I have four partitions (see attached)Image
Which of the four should I choose? The one with the actual size of the disk (bigger in size)? The others are the system reserved memory partitions.

Any advice on what my next steps should be?

The hole thing is to try and save some Data that I did not backed up (Geotechnical Numerical Analyses) and it will take around 10 days to re-do them...I am mainly interested in saving the files and if possible restore the whole system.
I have not initialized or formatted the disks, I have only followed the procedure to re-create the RAID0 with the 2xSSD's

Looking forward for any advice.

Kind regards,
Michael
Attachments
RAID0.jpg
RAID0.jpg (82.09 KiB) Viewed 904 times

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: How to recover RAID0 files with Boot Os on?

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Using the arrow keys, set all partitions as P(rimary). One of them should be set as *(bootable), it's probably the first one.
On next screen, choose Write, confirm, Quit and restart your computer.Check that you can access the files.