Trying to recover partiton(files) from 6.4gb quantum fireball ide hard disk

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
guruman

Trying to recover partiton(files) from 6.4gb quantum fireball ide hard disk

#1 Post by guruman »

The disk is seen in bios and in windows but the partition table and the disk are somewhat damaged, age i guess so when trying test disk with intel option i was getting no partitions error , so i decided to go with NONE option non partitioned media and started the image creation process which is now at 30% or something so i would like to know is there a chance for TEST disk to recover something after it image the drive with none partitioned media option ?

:lol: i know i know

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Trying to recover partiton(files) from 6.4gb quantum fireball ide hard disk

#2 Post by cgrenier »

It's always possible to run PhotoRec on the image file, so let the copy continue.

guruman

#3 Post by guruman »

Test disk finished the process but all i got was 0 bytes, while trying some other programs the pop up comes i/o error.

cgrenier
Site Admin

#4 Post by cgrenier »

The disk heads are probably damaged. If it's the case, only data recovery company can replace them safely and recover the data.

guruman

#5 Post by guruman »

I used R-drive to create bit by bit image from the disk, the image size is 6gb now took more than 2 days, is there a option to instruct testdisk, to try and read data from it, i also cloned the image to another drive, tried to use hdat2 to scan for bad sectors it found a lot cause i guess disk image copies also bad sectors am i right ?
The data is important yea but the timeframe to get a solution is small, in my country there is no data recovery company that actually can do the forensic. etc so i have to try and do it my self.
Any ideas are welcome i have donor pcb and also i have some other 6.4gb disks
I have AEL8 1190 2.5 gb quantum
and ASEI-OC50 6.4 gb quantum
and AEXA0410 6,4 gb quantum

AEXAOD50 is the problem disk.
Also is it smart to create partiton on the disk will than testdisk consider it as partitioned drive and find the partition :P

All in all i am starting to get out of options on this thing but i am eager to try more before i give up :) i have patience and few more days.
:idea: :idea: :idea:

edit:
Also now the disk is not found in bios but when i boot to recovery it is seen but the options on what i can do are limited. Every scan takes hours to complete