How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Feb 2020, 22:05
I am recovering data from a faulty SSD (1TB) to a HDD (1.5TB)
For some reason I don't understand the HDD stopped working and I got this message
So, I did not get a prompt to resume session.
I imagine I was around block 600000000/ of / 2000000000
Is there a way to read the whole disk again, but resume from that specific block or sector?
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5127
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
This error has been fixed in PhotoRec 7.1 or 7.2-WIP.
If necessary, you can edit the photorec.ses file (vim under Linux, notepad++ or wordpad under Windows...), restart PhotoRec and choose to resume the recovery.
The new sector should respect the blocksize (new_sector = old_sector + x * block_size/sector_size).
You can also remove some sector range from the file.