Need help rebuilding fatx partition table

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
gabaod

Need help rebuilding fatx partition table

#1 Post by gabaod »

so I have a 2 tb drive for my original xbox that accidentally got activated in device management under Windows thus now the drive thinks its a MBR system which it should not be. Ive done the quick scan - which took about 24hours, done the deeper scan which took 36hours or so and it still only finds partitions of either 32 or 128 length in size which is completely not correct. Now when I first select the drive it does display some partitions which are the true ones - but there is no option for me to write that to the disk as they dont appear after doing the scans. So I feel my only way to attempt this is after the scans, add those partitions in manually but thats where i am becoming confused figuring out what are the start and stop numbers for each sector.Image This is what i want my ending partition structure to look like. as you can see after the scans these are my only options. The first one listed is my attempt at hitting the A button and adding one to match the first image but as you can see i can get some of the numbers to match up but not all the CHS, i used start sector 16 and end sector at 1536015 or something like that to match the numbers i could. Image

gabaod

Re: Need help rebuilding fatx partition table

#2 Post by gabaod »

well this post is pointless since the mods removed my pics to describe everything i mentioned.