Please help! Duplicated SSD? Windows booting error

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Dannyboy88

Please help! Duplicated SSD? Windows booting error

#1 Post by Dannyboy88 »

Hi thank you in advance for any help I receive it’ll be much appreciated and hopefully help me stop tearing whatever hair I have left out.

I wanted to recover some deleted game screenshots and found TestDisk. I followed this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jbWfGePr ... dex=2&t=0s (sorry if you don’t allow links) and when I go to restart I get windows blue screen error when my computer loads up!! Error code 0xc000000e. When I choose the options I.e press f1 to enter recovery environment or press f8 for startup settings my computer just shuts down!

I have tried everything my limited computer newb brain can. I’ve put windows 10 bootable on a usb and it says nothing to repair when I go in diagnostic. Nothing there for system recovery.

I go in my motherboard bios settings and it looks like there is now x2 ssd drives when I only had 1. I have ‘Windows boot manager (SATA6G_1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB)’ and ‘SATA6G_1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 2 (238475MB)’. I’m under the impression the one with the 2 on the end is the one I somehow duplicated/created? I have tried all different ways of booting in boot option #’s like putting SATA6G_2: WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 (953869mb) as boot priority number 1 for example whilst disabling others and I don’t get anywhere.

Sorry for the wall of text but I just want to revert whatever it is I did and I can’t even get to my desktop and I’m frightened of losing so many important files.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.