can not access the data inside the disk SSD, mac OS

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Ibrahim

can not access the data inside the disk SSD, mac OS

#1 Post by Ibrahim »

Hello,
I have mac system installed in SSD, encrypted APFS , one-time mac system asked to update (i think security update), I updated and restart, the system would not open and I got a blinking folder, that common error I need to recover and fix from mac online, but the surprise I could not fix the system. I connected the Apple support after following all steps they gave up and asked me to re-install a fresh operating system.
the problem I did not make backup and I need the data inside the disk.
I connect the disk to the USB case and try to read it under windows, can not recognize the disk.
the disk could be recognized under mac system, under finder I can see some files almost 2GB,

if I checked the disk utilities I can find the data is their "345G", but I can not access it.
the below video explain all steps
[url]https://youtu.be/XlQQ0JsS60M/url]
start using testdisk I chose rdisk , I got 2 partitions originally I have only one partition (i don't know why).
for second partition I select advance in hfs+ then superblock I got look like good results.
but the first partition I tried to do the same I got bad results,

I restart, it got worst, as can not mount the disk to read, but after fsck_hfs , the disk return to mount and i got the same situation.
is any solution for that disk??, as I guess the testdisk is my last hope. as I tried many things before does not work.
thank you for your time.