Unable to restore Windows 10 boot after recovering partitions. How to fix?

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Faithlessaint

Unable to restore Windows 10 boot after recovering partitions. How to fix?

#1 Post by Faithlessaint »

Greetings,

I'm unable to boot my Windows 10 (64 bits) after recovering the partitions. I will give some details and post some screen photos bellow in order to illustrate what happened and what I did until now.

Issue's background:

Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and just shut down. When I restarted, it displayed an EFI boot screen.

I had this problem before, which could be solved by going to the Boot menu in the bios and selecting the Windows Boot Manager option. However, that option disappeared.

I used some diskpart commands and I found that the partitions were gone.

Thanks to TestDisk, I was able to recover the missing partitions. One of the partitions were in raw format, though.

I fixed that problem using chkdsk /f C: command.

The issue:

I'm still unable to boot Windows, as the EFI boot screen persists. The partition C should be Windows, not the 100 MB partition (previously in raw format and fixed with chkdsk) and none of them is marked as bootable. For this reason, I believe the solution presented in the chapter 10 of the User Guide doesn't work here.

Any idea about how to fix this problem?
Secondary question: The 100 MB partition (FAT32) shouldn't be the SYSTEM partition?

If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.