Failed in using TestDisk

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
falseking

Failed in using TestDisk

#1 Post by falseking »

hi everyone,

today i tried to use testdisk to repair my harddisk, i've encounter a problem after running deeper search, the result told me that my disk seems too small!. I've got no idea on what to do next. So i just using this guy guide to do it

http://www.geekworldnews.org/how-to-rec ... -disk.html

however, after restarting my laptop. it stuck on black loading screen with details below
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loading DRMK v8.00...

DRMK Version 8.00
COMMAND.COM Build 37 - Jul 28, 2008
DRMK KERNEL Build 15 - August 8, 2008
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Dell Inc. All rights reserved

C:\\
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at first i thought it was trying to do some scanning, then i noticed the C:\\ never changed, i mean, we usually can see what files is being scanned from time to time if we scan something.
i cant even log in into safe mode to system restore my laptop.
please do help me, my last resort is too reformat my laptop, but i tried to avoid that for now
im not computer savvy, if you have any solution please do make it understandable for me to cope it

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Failed in using TestDisk

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Continue on the next screen. Post the content of testdisk.log file and more info if you need help.