NTFS Corrupted. Can´t open filesystem

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Toyedpi

NTFS Corrupted. Can´t open filesystem

#1 Post by Toyedpi »

Good afternoon.

I already read a lot of posts in the forum and didn't actually found something alike the results i got, so I would love a little help!

couple days ago, I did a repartition using Gparted on a Live Cd with ubuntu on the main HDD of my computer (runing w10 btw). I was intended to divide mi main HDD space in half (more or less), because the owner wanted a donwgrade to w7, and this needed a clean install (after backup, as well). Defrag from w10, check for errors, everything ok, then modify and done!

The operation went succesful, and then i rebooted into windows 10 without any problem, and scatered around my files. The problem was that w10 didn't show the new unit D, but still showed the unit C at full size, without the repartitioning (???). Restarted twice, and didn't seem to be a change, which was worrying, but working.

Then i left the computer uploading files to the backup on OneDrive (decided i will backup on cloud, altought the looong time for this). Next morning i woke up to find the bluescreen and the message of "NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM". It was looped rebooting; tried chkdsk /f from a recovery unit, and didn't do anything, rebooting again.

opened from live CD, and couldn't mount my drives! so I tried Testdisk, quick check and deep check, and found this:

I simply don't get it... If the SO was able to open and run, and I was able to access my files, why i cannot anymore? how can i fix it?

this is my mom's computer, and she has a lot of works (embroidery files). Can someone help me out? if i need to do something, just tell me and will upload anything you need to help me!

Thank you so much!

Fiona

Re: NTFS Corrupted. Can´t open filesystem

#2 Post by Fiona »

Did TestDisk find after "Deeper Search" more partitions?
Did you have a try to list your files on each partition?
After RebuildBS did you try to list your files?
Atl least the extrapolated and the current boot sector are different.

Fiona

Toyedpi

#3 Post by Toyedpi »

first answer, this is the testdisk running on Deeper Search

and the final result

Tried to list files, failed on everyone but the first one and the 9th one. (i never touched this partitions when resizing, maybe that's the reason).

Then tried RebuildBS, this is partition 2 (where all the files i need to recover are)

when i tried to list the files, got this message

tried the same on partition 3 (this one is actually empty)

As well, this time i made the log file, which is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/123 ... stdisk.log. Can you help me please?

Fiona

#4 Post by Fiona »

TestDisk displays a lot of errors on your file system.
It's a small part only, out of your testdisk.log.
Failed to load $MFT: Input/output error
ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xf2037603 size: 1024 usa_ofs: 50431 usa_count: 30210: Invalid argument
Record 0 has no FILE magic (0xf2037603)
ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xf2037603 size: 1024 usa_ofs: 50431 usa_count: 30210: Invalid argument
Record 0 has no FILE magic (0xf2037603)
ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xbfb8532e size: 1024 usa_ofs: 19718 usa_count: 24688: Invalid argument
Record 6 has no FILE magic (0xbfb8532e)
Failed to open inode FILE_Bitmap: Input/output error
A safe solution would be datarecovery software.
You can have a look to PhotoRec.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step
You can avoid to recover unnecessary file types by using the menu FileOpt and presseing s (select) will deselct all file types.
So you can select only these file types manually, which you want to recover.
PhotoRec doesn't recovery file names and directories.
If you'd like to recover file names and directories, you'll need commercial datarecovery software.
But it'd be depend on, that directories are not already damaged.
After datarecovery, you can consider to run chkdsk driveletter: /r to have a try to repair your file system.

Fiona

Toyedpi

#5 Post by Toyedpi »

Thank you for your help! I already backed up everything with photorec, and tried chkdsk /r on all Of my partitions. Only part. 2 is still damaged (The importante one :/) any ideas?