Mangled partiton table (+Windows bootloader)

Using TestDisk to repair the filesystem
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
afterswish

Mangled partiton table (+Windows bootloader)

#1 Post by afterswish »

Merry Christmas!!!

Well, I hope you're having a good one. I'm unfortunately at war with technology at the moment, and it is winning. :cry:

Perhaps you can help?
Deep analysis results.
Deep analysis results.
testdiskprttns.png (74.01 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
This is the current state of my disk. I was trying to install Linux Mint, which I did successfully, then lost access to my Windows installation. It could be I have inadvertently overwritten the Windows bootloader, but the list of partitions shown above also looks wrong to me.

What I'd like to do ideally would be to enter into Windows system repair, then use one of several possible methods to restore the bootloader. Since I'd only just installed it, I don't mind too much if I lose my Linux partitions. Unfortunately I can't seem to get Windows to read the disk, or install the sata drivers it apparently needs in system repair. I also can't access my Windows system disk from Linux to copy my data:
NTFS error message (within Linux)
NTFS error message (within Linux)
ntfs.png (47.83 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
In short, it's a bit of a mess. I'm currently downloading a Windows 10 .iso to try to access system repair options there (perhaps the drivers I need are integrated?)

Any other ideas?