Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i recover files or my OS?

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
no1expert1

Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i recover files or my OS?

#1 Post by no1expert1 »

O
O2021
Hi, I hope anyone here can help me, My laptop (dell inspiron 7391) has now BSOD loop...

I have no back up or recovery point. safe mode and "Win Blue Screen repair tools" are not fixing anything and the come up with somthing about:
D:\recovery\windowsre\Winre.wim\SYStem32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

It happened while i was trying to disable Intel optane feature , which is built in to my intel ssd... i did this so i cant switch it back to PERFORMANCE mode because of a notification i received from the optane GUI tool notifying me of it...

my computer was charged and contented to power supply during the processes so i believe its a bug!

Nor Intel or Dell could troubleshoot or assist, their costumer support don't have a clue if local data is recoverable if it wasn’t backed in a cloud which is my case here.

key facts:

*I have bit locker is enabled and i only have the recovery key...

*once Ive connected the corrupt ssd to a different machine i got a prompt to format the drive....

*the Intel GUI tool wont recognize it as an Intel ssd,

*Ive tried the "repair-bde -force" command line tool and most of the times it would just tell me that the drive im using to output the data to - is in use (but it was formatted and now just connected so ****?!)

after trying to run this command for dozens of times i was able twice to get passed it and this what came up:

"Error :the input volume has suffered damages to critical information related to the decryption key. please try the -keypackge to specify a key package. the volume may not be recoverable.

from my understanding - keypackge exists only if my machine is part of a domain environment and managed by AS DS.

whats next? is any data recoverable ? should i recover my dump files ? should i use other methods of recovery ?

recuperation

Re: Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i recover files or my OS?

#2 Post by recuperation »

You have pretty much already tried out everything what I would have proposed.
I would recommend consulting a professional data recovery company.