No recovery possible with TestDisk and Photorec of RAW Micro SD card

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
cadena

No recovery possible with TestDisk and Photorec of RAW Micro SD card

#1 Post by cadena »

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie who has a corrupted (RAW) Micro SD card. This morning I tried using TestDisk first to see if there could be a partition table in the drive which the program could use to recover my files but I went into "Advanced" and it said "No Partition Available". Then I tried using PhotoRec (No Brute Force enabled), on the USB drive (which was listed as "P Unknown") and selected "Search" but after 3 hours or so the program did not find any files since it din't save any in the recovery folder. Is there something else I can do to recover these files ? Is there another utility/program which you could recomend me for my case ? I would really appreciate your help.

recuperation

Re: No recovery possible with TestDisk and Photorec of RAW Micro SD card

#2 Post by recuperation »

The card may be broken and could require professional intervention.
Otherwise you could try to duplicate the card into a file using ddrescue as described in the manual and check with a hex editor if everything inside is zero. Posting the ddrescue log file would be a good idea. That applies to the Testdisk log files as well...