CorelDraw X5 thinks all Illustrator files are corrupted?

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
DBosman

CorelDraw X5 thinks all Illustrator files are corrupted?

#1 Post by DBosman »

Every time I've tried to open or import an Illustrator file in X5 it tells me that the Illustrator file is corrupted. I doubt if these files are actually corrupted, since I don't recall ever having problems before X5 and it seems very unlikely that suddenly every Illustrator file I get from different sources is corrupted. Any suggestions?

achimbayer

Re: CorelDraw X5 thinks all Illustrator files are corrupted?

#2 Post by achimbayer »

1) Open the preferences file and look for the entry named "enableContentRecovery", change the value from 0 to 1. This turns on the feature.

2) Launch Illustrator and choose "File>Open". Select the file from which you wish to recover the roundtrip information.

3) Click "OK" while holding down the command, shift and option keys (control, shift and alt on Windows).

Following this procedure will result in a new empty document in Illustrator. This you should just close without saving. In addition the roundtrip information from the file is extracted to a new file in the same directory as the original. The new file is given the same name as the original preceded by an underscore character.

Once the roundtrip information has been extracted it can be viewed in an editor and any problems corrected. The corrected file can then be opened in Illustrator. Note that images in the file are saved as binary. Therefore the editor used to modify the file must be able to preserve binary data.

OR

Visit: http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/ad ... -help-need