Can I recover a damaged SQL Server 2008 database Topic is solved

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
estaf37

Can I recover a damaged SQL Server 2008 database

#1 Post by estaf37 »

Their original SQL Server was 2008, with SP unknown, but installed on D: and C: drives. The power spike corrupted their O/S on the C: drive and someone reinstalled both the O/S and the SQL Server, which is now SQL 2008, SP4. They have intact files for all system databases, both .mdb and .ldf. Is there some way they can reconnect with the user databases using the intact copies of the previous system databases?

I have heard that if the SQL Server is stopped, previous Master and Msdb .mdb and .ldf files moved into place and the server restarted, that any previous user database .mdb and .ldf files can be accessed by the SQL server.
Is this the case, or are there details missing?

stad329

Re: Can I recover a damaged SQL Server 2008 database

#2 Post by stad329 »

Hello ;) Try to solve this problem like this..
• Open your SQL Server Management Studio console. This application shortcut is available in the SQL Server directory in the Windows Start button.
• Enter the system administrator user name and password. SQL Server's administrator user name is "sa." This account is required for privileges to restore the database. If your restoring on a host provider server, use the administrator user name and password they supplied for your account.
• Right-click your database name and select "Attach." In the new window that opens, click the "Add" button to open a dialog box.
• Select your MDF file and press the "Ok" button. It may take several minutes to restore the database if it is a large file. Once the process is finished, browse your tables to verify the data. The database is now restored.

Or u can use this site: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... cCTaFcKYag