PLEASE HELP... desperate to uninstall testdisk7

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
sparkyval

PLEASE HELP... desperate to uninstall testdisk7

#1 Post by sparkyval »

Man, I downloaded the tesdisk 7 thinking newest is better. It totally locked up and so I ended up downloading 6.14. I cannot find either of these programs in the list of my programs to uninstall. I have tried to delete the testdisk 7 file that is on my desktop and it is making me delete each file that it contains separately... I was trying to access an old drive so I am thinking that might take me oh say 7 years.
PLEASE!!!! I have given up all hope of any of this working... my computer is now working terribly and I just want all of these files off of it... but it seems to be set up to make it impossible.
I now have 3 versions of a hard drive from an old computer on my newer one and I can't get rid of it. Please please please help!!!!!!! Do I have to download yet another program that i am afraid of? I would gladly have paid for this program if it would have functioned properly... now I have a serious serious mess and I want it off. Please help if you can!!!!!

Fiona

Re: PLEASE HELP... desperate to uninstall testdisk7

#2 Post by Fiona »

TestDisk is directly executable!
So there is no installation and uninstallation required!
Easily delete the testdisk folder.

Fiona