PHOTOREC can't find any file during scan

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
bleaman225

Re: PHOTOREC can't find any file during scan

#11 Post by bleaman225 »

cgrenier wrote:Run TestDisk, Advanced, Image Creation. It will create a 15GB image.dd file. Compress this file. What is the size of the archive ?
I have also tried this recommendation but I am having troubles here too. When utilizing the default partition table type (INTEL) I cannot get to the Advanced > Image Creation due to a message that no partition is available. If I choose the unknown partion table option, I can run the Image Creation but there does not seem to be a file generated in the specified directory. I cannot find any file on my c drive that is titled "image.dd" nor "*.dd"

Thanks in advance.

bleaman225

#12 Post by bleaman225 »

bleaman225 wrote:
cgrenier wrote:Run TestDisk, Advanced, Image Creation. It will create a 15GB image.dd file. Compress this file. What is the size of the archive ?
I have also tried this recommendation but I am having troubles here too. When utilizing the default partition table type (INTEL) I cannot get to the Advanced > Image Creation due to a message that no partition is available. If I choose the unknown partion table option, I can run the Image Creation but there does not seem to be a file generated in the specified directory. I cannot find any file on my c drive that is titled "image.dd" nor "*.dd"

Thanks in advance.
Weird, my first post with all of my background and original message didn't appear...

Sugah

#13 Post by Sugah »

I have an almost identical situation to bleaman225.
My microSD Sandisk card was initially in S5 samsung phone. I removed it and placed in a camera without formatting or changing anything. Took some video then viewed it. Later I tried to download the video on my mac via an adaptor.
The card was not readable and a format was indicated. Tried to put it back in the Samsung and could not read it either.
Problem is I did not back up all my original pics. So now I don't have the photos or videos.
Found your program online and followed the steps for Photorec. Its been running for almost two days now.
I included a sceen shot of what I have now on my computer.
Is it running normally? and is it slow because I chose the raw device?
Do you have any advice on how to proceed otherwise if I am reading this correctly then I am looking at a couple of months.
Thank you for your help and providing this program.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 9.06.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 9.06.20 PM.png (61.16 KiB) Viewed 3716 times