Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 21:15
I am a new user of PhotoRec and I'm running into a few issues writing a script to automate the recovery of deleted files from a specified drive. I am running on the latest photorec 64bit. I have written the following batch script:
Code: Select all
photorec_win.exe /debug /d %Path% %Drive% /cmd freespace,everything,search
I am trying to test this batch file on a flash drive. My issue is figuring out exactly what the drive name is. When I put in "E:" for the drive name, I get the error "Unable to open file or device E:: Permission denied"
I am running the batch file as administrator and I can recover deleted files when I run PhotoRec manually. In all of the examples I've seen online, they use the drive "/dev/sdb" to identify the drive. Since I am running this batch script in windows, I can't identify the drive that way.
Any assistance would be much appreciated!