Newbie Am I

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Gigz

Newbie Am I

#1 Post by Gigz »

Thank you for creating the free use of this software - I am learning more each time I work with it.
I have a very simplistic question, but one that is necessary: Do any of the other odd file types - excluding of course jpeg, tiff, raw, png or any other equally defined image file - help to find deleted photographs? My question is, if I am only looking for jpg, then can I exclude all other file types, or are there certain file types that I need to continue to search for because they may help in finding metadata or help in putting all the pieces back together? Sorry for not being able to speak the proper buzzwords.

the gigz is out :arrow:

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Am I

#2 Post by cgrenier »

PhotoRec 7.1-WIP is better than previous versions.
If you are recovering from a harddisk, it's better to not disable file families (it's ok to disable txt and tx?).
If you are recovering files from a memory card, it's not a problem to disable file families not used on your digital camera.

Gigz

#3 Post by Gigz »

Thank you for responding so quickly.

What are the specific file formats for families?

And also, I would like to donate to your project, I am from USA and when I tried to enter my credit card, it said the payment would be in Euros. Will it automatically change my dollars to Euros. Thank you.

Gigz

the gigz is out :arrow: