Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 26 Oct 2019, 12:39
When I run photorec manually through the UI, I can choose [Whole Disk] instead of a partition.
I use the following
Code: Select all
photorec /d /root/Documents/Recovery/dev/sdc /cmd /dev/sdc options,keep_corrupted_file,paranoid,fileopt,everything,enable,search
Using the command line I cannot find any combination that will select [Whole DIsk], it always chooses the default partition.
and also tried
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5316
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
It should work if you choose "partition_none".
As each filesystem may have a different blocksize or partition alignment, you may get better results if you search lost data partition by partition