Trying to Recover Corrupted Files from Samsung Galaxy SII

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
EssDub13

Trying to Recover Corrupted Files from Samsung Galaxy SII

#1 Post by EssDub13 »

As I was transferring .mp4 video files from my Samsung Galaxy SII to my PC, the connection cord was knocked out of the phone interrupting the file transfer - this also seemed to corrupt the files. The files are still on my phone and my PC, however they will not play in full only a short snippet. I have run PhotoRec on the disk where the files are located (on the actual phone, not on the card). When I did this I had all recovered files saved to a new location on my PC. However, none of the files I need seemed to have been recovered. Can someone help? Have I possibly done something incorrect? I followed the instructions on the wiki exactly. Is there a way to target those files directly with PhotoRec? These videos are important any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Erikkl

Re: Trying to Recover Corrupted Files from Samsung Galaxy SI

#2 Post by Erikkl »

As I know in order to recover files from Samusng, we need SD Card recovery software which can deeply scan the partition able, leader record, FAT and file/directory records, etc. and extract them into a normal directory.
Last edited by Erikkl on 07 Aug 2014, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

remy

#3 Post by remy »

Erikkl wrote:As I know in order to recover files from Samusng, we need SD Card recovery software which can deeply scan the partition able, leader record, FAT and file/directory records, etc. and extract them into a normal directory.
Note : Message was approved because non commercial, but I think it's not a good answer to EssDub13 question.

Myutouuhh

#4 Post by Myutouuhh »

Using Samsung Data Recoverysoftware to regain samsung galaxy lost files,such as contacts,photos,videos,text messages,media files ,app etc.