Help with partition types

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
jackdup

Help with partition types

#1 Post by jackdup »

Attached is a screen capture from TESTDISK and it appears everything on the drive is intact but I believe in order to write all of the partitions I need to specify the type of partition for each of them so would appreciate someone's assistance in telling me what the types for each of the partitions is. I don't know if it makes any difference but the Samsung Rec partitions are not visible when the drive is booted.

Thank you

I just tried adding the type to the different partitions and no matter what type of partition I mark the first two as (the Windows RE tools and the system) if gives a structure bad message.

I should also not the drive is actually a Windows 8.1 drive and have it installed in a Windows 7 computer which is why the OS in the log shows Windows 7.

Attached is the log. I tried pasting it however received a message it was 70878 characters and the maximum allowed characters is 60000

I tried to attach the log and received a message the extension log is not allowed so if someone can tell me how to submit the log I will do that.

Thank you
Attachments
PARTITIONS.JPG
PARTITIONS.JPG (100.54 KiB) Viewed 1535 times