Partition recovery many choices how to proceed

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Ander

Partition recovery many choices how to proceed

#1 Post by Ander »

Hello,

I have an issue with a hard drive that gave me problems some days ago. At the beginning I thought that it was due to a reboot in which I combined both, OS updates and a programmed task on boot to defrag registry -I was doing maintenance. Later I found that it might have been on account of a released messy update. The computer entered in an endless loop that everytime would end up in recovery mode.

I tried several things in order to avoid the loop. However nothing worked and right now I find myself in a though situation cause I lost access to data in one of the partitions because of the attempts that I made to skip the loop. I would like to know if there are any steps that I can follow to recover my data/partition back -it doesn't matter if OS boot again or not. I just want to be able to access the drive via usb to save data.

There are 2 partitions in the hard drive and the one not working -asking to be formatted when I plug the drive through usb- is the one in which OS was installed. This is it mainly:

https://i.gyazo.com/2ec4c61ccf18609b898 ... c3c601.jpg

is there any solution facing such a mess?

Thank you.

Ander

Re: Partition recovery many choices how to proceed

#2 Post by Ander »

bump

I would really appreciate any help or orientation. I have no clue about how to proceed in the last step or if there's any possibility to recover data -no matter, if system does not boot any more. There are some important things that I'd like to recover.