Qphotorec can see lost partitions but photorec can not see

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Sardi

Qphotorec can see lost partitions but photorec can not see

#1 Post by Sardi »

Hello,

First to congratulate you for the software. It is the only tool that I could move to retrieve the information from my hard drive damaged
The funny thing is that qphotorec saw two damaged hard disk partitions, GPT partitioned factory where this OS and two 200GB partitions and 300Gb I believe. I was able to recover some jpg No pptx that interest me

Curiously photorec & testdisk not see those partitions, only see the recovery of GPT, but not those of 200Gb and 300Gb. It is assumed that qphotorec is less powerful and only takes a GUI graphics

With qphotorec light external hard drive enclosure is continuous and have I mentioned that I managed to recover about 60 photos of more than 3,000 he had and not too long to complete the scan, but photorec & testdisk light is flashing and eternalizes not recover anything I have left over 1 week and a half of time

Why can this happen? Any suggestions to keep finding my lost data

Thanks a lot for the help

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Qphotorec can see lost partitions but photorec can not s

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Strange, there should be no difference between photorec and qphotorec results...

Sardi

#3 Post by Sardi »

Yes, that is the question

¿Why only qphotorec can see the lost partitions?

I tried to photorec, testdisk and more recovery software and I've only gotten something with qphotorec when supposed to be a less powerful version of photorec.

The pptx recovering qphotorec I can not open any.

The ideal for me would be able to make a raw copy of the damaged disc, but can not, with testdisk I do not see that if you retrieve files qphotorec and took two months and trying things and ideas and fail me any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the help

cgrenier
Site Admin

#4 Post by cgrenier »

Can you try using latest 7.1-WIP ? (Updated today)
If using qphotorec, try whole space to recover non deleted files. Otherwise choose "[Whole Space]" under PhotoRec.