Recovering deleted files from Android phone.

Using TestDisk to undelete files
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
TinaHrio

Re: Recovering deleted files from Android phone.

#21 Post by TinaHrio »

I feel your pain. I thought I had backed up to Google and the VZ tech told me they could not find it or I set it up ander a different account. Somethinbg wrong there because I've only had one account and always had the setting on "back up my data" to recover deleted contacts from Android.

I lost all my 1200 contacts but was able to recover them from my work laptop that also had them backed up on Act.

I find what you say is true in that even I used the VZ back up program and the Google back up. When I needed them neither would restore when I really needed Android Data Recovery too!

I had to re-install 50 programs I had installed on the Charge. Even the Market.android.com would not put them back on.

But then many will respond with "I had no issues on the upgrade" that does not help the ones of us that did. Glad we are not getting Ice Cream upgrade so I don't have to deal with this again!

I'm sure there are programs that will back everything up for us but one would think the programs that came stock with the phone would do that for us. I never had issues with my former Blackberries as backing up was flawless.
Read more:
How to recover deleted text messages from Android
How to recover deleted files on Android

etaub1

#22 Post by etaub1 »

how to recover jpg's from Android? when I run photo-rec, my phone is not listed among the available drives.

qunaloa

#23 Post by qunaloa »

When you deleted something in your phone, first remember not to use your phone again, including text, calling,and try to recover the data you want first with Android Data Recovery. After that, you may use you phone. Have a look here for Android phone recovery:
How to Recover Files from Android Phones

etaub1

#24 Post by etaub1 »

i wasn't so fortunate. while i was able "recover" jpeg's, they're all corrupted. you might see a sliver of the picture up top, but the rest of the picture is grey. i'm told when this happens, they're too corrupted to repair. your thoughts?

Bruefdl

#25 Post by Bruefdl »

I'm sure there are programs that will back everything up for us but one would think the programs that came stock with the phone would do that for us. I never had issues with my former Blackberries as backing up was flawless.
Read more: How to recover deleted text messages from Android
Should I root the phone first before using PhotoRec? it is samsung galaxy s5
Last edited by Bruefdl on 19 Oct 2016, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

cgrenier
Site Admin

#26 Post by cgrenier »

SharonMartin

#27 Post by SharonMartin »

davidelliott wrote:Recovering deleted files from Android phone is not different to do. In fact, I just help my friend to recover his lost photos and contacts from Samsung with the help of Android File Recovery.
PhotoRec also can solve the problem. Why not try?

Erikkl

#28 Post by Erikkl »

The deleted data are not actually wiped away from your phone, and to recover it remember don't save new data to your computer, or deleted data won’t be recovered. Try to use Android file recovery tool to help, See this guide: how to recover deleted files on Android