Still going after 29 hours...

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Jamie33

Still going after 29 hours...

#1 Post by Jamie33 »

My wife accidentally formatted her micro SD card that she had in her phone. We were recommended this program to try and recover the deleted photos. There wasn't much on there when it formatted, about 4 GB worth of mostly pictures. We are running the recovery right now and it says is has found 424 jpgs., 3 txt, and 1 mov. It has been running for 29 hours now and hasn't changed how much it has found in several hours. Is this normal? Is it still working? Can someone help us out please? Thanks in advance!

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Still going after 29 hours...

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Is there some read error messages ?
Is it faster when using latest photorec 7.1-WIP ?

Jamie33

Re: Still going after 29 hours...

#3 Post by Jamie33 »

So I ended up just stopping the session and closing the program. I checked the folder for this session and guess what? All the pictures that were on the SD card were in there! Not sure what was going on, but it seemed to work. To answer your questions, there were no error messages and we didn't try the 7.1 version. I was going to run that one if the last session didn't work, but it seems all good now. If there is a report or anything that I can send you for feedback, let me know. I will recommend this program to anyone I know that has issues like we did. Thank you so much!