ESD-USB

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
harshcat

ESD-USB

#1 Post by harshcat »

HI, i made a big booboo and i'm really hoping i can reverse or at least get the files off my external harddrive

My old harddrive was failing and i didn't have a usb stick so i decided to used external harddrive, didn't think that it would now converte the external harddrive to this ESD-USB where my content is gone. It shows as 32 gig while normally its a 600 gig external or so. I'm hoping that my file is still on the external i just don't know where to start and how. Please any help would be appreciated. I can reformat i just wanna get my stuff off the external. I'm trying to use testdrive and i don't what the first step is. I guess i can submit any log or picture if needed. THank you

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: ESD-USB

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Some drivers may be missing to handle disk of big capacity...
Check if you can update the system on your key.

It's also possible to install a Linux LiveUSB on another key, see https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
There is an example using Fedora, there will be no problem to handle big disk, NTFS, exFAT...

harshcat

Re: ESD-USB

#3 Post by harshcat »

Its not the driver since it recongized what it use to be i guess the mypassport i'm just trying to use testdrive to backup the external harddrive and i'm just wanting to know if its still possible or should i just move on knowing my external HD is ruined

Again it use to be around 600 gig but i'm getting only 32
Attachments
driver.png
driver.png (4.12 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
driver.png
driver.png (21.85 KiB) Viewed 1757 times