External harddrive Recovery (mac)

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
alfredoes

External harddrive Recovery (mac)

#1 Post by alfredoes »

Hi guys,

I'm so happy I came across this software. Now my question is how do I choose to save my files in a different hard drive besides that one I'm trying to recover?
I see my files but I cant save them on the external drive itself since that is the drive I'm trying to recover. My questions is how do I chose my other external drive in which I want to save my corrupted drive? I've tried pressing s for search but I don't know the command

your time would be much appreciate,

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: External harddrive Recovery (mac)

#2 Post by cgrenier »

To choose the directory where the recovered files should be written, use the arrow keys (up, down, left, right) to navigate. You can also use the enter key to enter into a directory.
* Dos/Windows/Os2: To get the drive list (C:, D:, E:, etc.), use the arrow keys to select ``..``, press the ``Enter`` key - repeat until you can select the drive of your choice. Validate with ``Y`` es when you get the expected destination.
* Linux: File system from external disk may be available in a ``/media``, ``/mnt`` or ``/run/media`` sub-directory. Mount your destination drive if necessary.
* Mac OS X: Partitions from external disk are usually mounted in ``/Volumes``.

alfredoes

#3 Post by alfredoes »

Thanks, that was really helpful.

alfredoes

#4 Post by alfredoes »

You know, Now Im looking for my Logic projects. Is there a pattern to find them? or format , or something?