Photorec: did not recover info

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
blueindigo1954

Photorec: did not recover info

#1 Post by blueindigo1954 »

while on vacation few days ago,I accidentally deleted photos from SD card in Nikon S9900. Right after realizing it, I removed the card and put it away. After returning from the vacation, I installed the photorec on Windows10 and recovered 500+ photos/videos. Double clicked on the recovered photo in Windows 10 box and all looks good.
So I thought.
Copied them all to a USB drive and then transferred to Mac and tried to view the photo. The photo does not scale to the normal size like other photos in the album.Info gives basically nothing. No camera information. No lens information. Shows 160 X 1205 KB file size but seems wrong when I compare it with normal photos taken in the same camera. Does not show location info etc etc.

What did I do wrong? I am assuming photoreceptors should be able to recover all that information.

Thanks in advance

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Photorec: did not recover info

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Can you check the metainformation of the recovered pictures on the Windows computer ?
Please also share an unmodified pictures taken with your camera (not a recovered picture).