Recover Files from Samsung Evo 840 SSD 240GB

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
t0511

Recover Files from Samsung Evo 840 SSD 240GB

#1 Post by t0511 »

Hello ,

I have a pretty big problem:

-The Evo 840 SSD was used for Windows to boot the PC
-One morning the Windows 10 Auto Repair started, I could not boot into Windows anymore
-I followed a guide on how to recover the data. I ran chkdsk, which created a found folder.
-I restored lots of files and junk with different tools, including testdisk and photorec

My problem is that I'm looking for a specific file (.sdf) , which is not supported by photorec

Also, photorec ran for days and was in a loop between certain sectors. As I'm looking for one important file though, maybe it would be easier, if that file type was added to photorec. I'm using the newest build.

Can someone Add .sdf files? And is it even possible to recover that file after running chkdsk?

Photorec Onlinchecker Link: https://www.cgsecurity.org/photorec/sca ... 67a490300f

Thanks in advance!

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: Recover Files from Samsung Evo 840 SSD 240GB

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Have you tried latest PhototRec 7.1-WIP ? It's faster than previous version.
Can you provide several .sdf files ? What software has created the file you uploaded ?

t0511

#3 Post by t0511 »

Hello cgrenier,

thank you for your reply. I tryed both, Photorec 7 and 7.1.

I cannot really provide any different .sdf files because I only have that one I uploaded.

The software that creates these files is called Woax-IT Easyfirma. Its a Software for creating Invoices and things like that. The .sdf file is a Backup file. I also might have had a backup in a Zip, which is a few weeks old on the desktop.

If we cant find the .sdf File, that Zip on the desktop would also work. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

t0511

#4 Post by t0511 »

Sorry for double posting, I just need to know if you have any solution for me or if you are trying to implement the .sdf format. I need to know if I should keep waiting or send it to a Data Recovery Company.