4TB schijf met 2,4TB data werd RAW en 0 kb

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
TonyBossche

4TB schijf met 2,4TB data werd RAW en 0 kb

#1 Post by TonyBossche »

Goede namiddag,
Ik hoop dat U mijn bericht kunt vertalen, zo niet zal k U in het Engels schrijven.
Ik heb op diverse manieren met TestDisk geprobeerd om de data terug te halen maar tevergeefs. Mijn allerlaatste poging was om via TestDisk/ selecteer de fysieke schijf , EFI GPT, Geavanceerd, select de partitie maar dan kan ik niet verder en wordt het dus een image. De image verloopt ontzettend traag. Ik gebruik de TestDisk 64-bit versie.
Het programma maakt zelf de keuze voor RFI GPT en niet voor Standaard.
Waar ik RebuildBS, Lijst moet vinden weet ik niet want dat staat niet in het venster van TestDisk.
Ik heb TestDisk 64-bit en TestDisk Windows geprobeerd.
Bijna ben ik er van overtuigd dat ik alles heb geprobeerd. De oplossing die nu draait zal ontzettend lang duren.
Maar ik ben 100% dat het mij met deze software zal lukken!!! Zes (6) andere software pakketten voor Recovery gaven mij geen resultaat.
Graag uw hulp want ik zit echt vast.
Mijn dank bij voorbaat.

recuperation

Re: 4TB schijf met 2,4TB data werd RAW en 0 kb

#2 Post by recuperation »

Tony,

the creator of testdisk speaks English and French. I speak English, French and German. I don't understand Dutch. Could you use one of the three languages?

der Autor von Testdisk spricht englisch und deutsch. I spreche englisch, französisch und deutsch. Ich verstehe kein niederländisch. Können Sie eine der drei Sprachen auswählen?

TonyBossche

#3 Post by TonyBossche »

Good morning,

I was hoping that you can translate my message automatically, if not I will write you in English.

I was working before with an external USB hard disk of 4 TB. One day I started my computer and the hard disk was gone. Became RAW. I even wasn't able to initialize and the only message I received automatically was that I have to format. I never format the hard disk!! There is 2,4 Tb on this disk!! This is work of many weeks!
First I tried Six (6) other software packages to recovery but they gave me no result.
Then I heard about TestDisk.
I tried with TestDisk in various ways to retrieve the data but in vain. My very last attempt was to use TestDisk / select the physical disk, EFI GPT, Advanced, select the partition, but then I cannot proceed and it becomes an image. The image is very slow. It will take 3 or 4 days. But I want my files back and not a image. I used the TestDisk 64-bit version.
The program itself makes the choice for RFI GPT and not for Standard.
I don't know where to find RebuildBS or TestDisk!, List because that is not in the TestDisk window.
I have tried TestDisk 64-bit and TestDisk Windows. I did every move like it was described in the text.
I am almost convinced that I have tried everything.
But I am 100% sure that I will succeed with this software !!!
Please I need your help because I am really stuck.This data is important!
In one of your latest comments you wrote done in 5 minutes. That's fantastic!!! But whatever if it take hours, I will be happy happy to have this data back.
Thank you in advance.

recuperation

#4 Post by recuperation »

TonyBossche wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 09:34 I tried with TestDisk in various ways to retrieve the data but in vain. My very last attempt was to use TestDisk / select the physical disk, EFI GPT, Advanced, select the partition, but then I cannot proceed and it becomes an image. The image is very slow. It will take 3 or 4 days. But I want my files back and not a image. I used the TestDisk 64-bit version.
The program itself makes the choice for RFI GPT and not for Standard.
Image creation is part of the advanced menu.
You need to use the menu entry "analyse".

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Menu_Analyse

TonyBossche

#5 Post by TonyBossche »

Analyse: "Quick search" or Backup

Also this, "Quick search", I did already but that will take time

TonyBossche

#6 Post by TonyBossche »

Good morning,
It's 83% now. What shall I do when it reach the 100%?
Shall I be able to recuperate all the data?
Can I do something else if I don't recuperate all the data?

recuperation

#7 Post by recuperation »

TonyBossche wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 07:53 Good morning,
It's 83% now. What shall I do when it reach the 100%?
https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step
Shall I be able to recuperate all the data?
Yes, but only if the dammage was caused by a broken partition table only. Otherwise you might face losses.
Can I do something else if I don't recuperate all the data?
You can use photorec as tool of last resort. This comes at the expense of loosing all file and folder names including folder strucutre.
Furthermore the recovery success depends on the degree of on-disk fragmentation.

TonyBossche

#8 Post by TonyBossche »

Why I see : Analyse cylinder

a list of: Mac HFS 92088 62491194423 62491102

The first 5 numbers are all different
The next 11 numbers are also all different
The last 8 numbers are all the same

Is this partitioning??

recuperation

#9 Post by recuperation »

As my clairvoyant is on holiday right now, you might consider posting a screenshot and/or the testdisk log file.

TonyBossche

#10 Post by TonyBossche »

Hallo, I just waited a bit for you because I'm still very sure that I will have a very good result with your software only I need your guidance. I tried myself already a few thinks. Your last idea was "Analyse" but I receive cylinders and no maps. Also I notice in your text that I have to find some terms but I don't see or receive these terms in the next step. So I want to try one more time and together with you to be able to recover my 2,4 Tb data.
When you think we can do that?