SD card reader wont appear in photorec

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
lukestarx24

SD card reader wont appear in photorec

#1 Post by lukestarx24 »

Hi, i'm completely and totally new to anything like this so sorry if the answer is really obvious. There's a deleted folder on my Android Mini SD card filled with important pictures and files that i wish to recover. Many people recommended that i download photorec to try and resolve the problem and buy an SD card reader as well, which i did. The problem now is the USB SD Card isn't appearing in the top left corner of the programme neither are any of the other drives besides "Disk\\.\physical drive0" and "Disk\\.\physical drive1". Like I said i'm really new to this.

I can access the remaining files on my SD card via file explorer so i know it's connected to the laptop but for some reason it won't appear in qphotorec. Please help, i've been at this for a while.

cgrenier
Site Admin

Re: SD card reader wont appear in photorec

#2 Post by cgrenier »

Can you check if "Disk\\.\physical drive1" isn't your SD card reader ?

lukestarx24

#3 Post by lukestarx24 »

cgrenier wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 12:31 Can you check if "Disk\\.\physical drive1" isn't your SD card reader ?
Yeah it it is thank you! turns out it a problem with the USB port. The images i'm after weren't recovered tho, I know they're there since I used the free version of EaseUs Data Recovery to preview everything that can be recovered on the device, any advice?

recuperation

#4 Post by recuperation »