Problems recovering partition on pc gamer with win10

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
GoN88

Problems recovering partition on pc gamer with win10

#1 Post by GoN88 »

Hello, I have a problem, I had to format since updating the h&g game from steam, due to some error, did not start me anymore, but now I have lost all the files that I had in an extra partition that I deleted when formatting. Download the program from your page https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download but the partition does not appear anywhere.

I have followed the steps you have on the wiki.
If TestDisk is not yet installed, it can be downloaded from TestDisk Download. Extract the files from the archive including the sub-directories.

To recover a lost partition or repair the filesystem from a hard disk, USB key, Smart Card, etc., you need enough rights to access a physical device.

Dos.png Under DOS, run TestDisk.exe
Win.png Under Windows, start TestDisk (ie testdisk-6.13/testdisk_win.exe) from an account in the Administrator group. Under Vista, right-click testdisk_win.exe and then "Run as administrator" to launch TestDisk.
Linux.png Under Unix/Linux/BSD, you need to be root to run TestDisk (ie. sudo testdisk-6.13/testdisk_static)
Macosx.png Under MacOSX, if you are not root, TestDisk (ie testdisk-6.13/testdisk) will restart itself using sudo after confirmation on your part.
Os2.png Under OS/2, TestDisk doesn't handle a physical device, only a disk image. Sorry.
To recover partition from a media image or repair a filesystem image, run

testdisk image.dd to work from a raw disk image
testdisk image.E01 to recover files from an Encase EWF image
testdisk 'image.???' if the Encase image is split into several files.
Linux.png Macosx.png To repair a filesystem not listed by TestDisk, run testdisk device, i.e.

testdisk /dev/mapper/truecrypt0 or testdisk /dev/loop0 to repair the NTFS or FAT32 boot sector files from a TrueCrypt partition. The same method works with filesystem encrypted with cryptsetup/dm-crypt/LUKS.
testdisk /dev/md0 to repair a filesystem on top of a Linux RAID device.
Is it possible to recover it somehow and I give it up for lost? : S

recuperation

Re: Problems recovering partition on pc gamer with win10

#2 Post by recuperation »

I can't tell. You did not deliver a description. Instead you copied some stuff out of the manual which does not apply to your problem.