ubuntu server flash disk broke - new setup 20.04.1 under RAID1 2x4TB drives and can't recover previous folder structures

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
CoWoAdmin

Re: ubuntu server flash disk broke - new setup 20.04.1 under RAID1 2x4TB drives and can't recover previous folder struct

#11 Post by CoWoAdmin »

Last Thursday I launched gparted for one of the drives... After unbearable 76 hours (4TB seagate ironwolf) I got this frustrating messages from the software. (I read somewhere that gparted doesn't have any active development anymore adn therefore doesn't recognize btrfs) ...

Anyway, digging up some more documentation I tried to write a btrfs partition in testdisk on the HDD and then run the analysis (deeper search). When trying to display folders and files (even though 'P' option wasn't listed, testdisk displayed this message: 'Support for this filesystem wasn't enabled during compilation.'
Is this message reflecting the truth? Is there a way to compile the testdisk 7.1 binaries so that btrfs would display the lost files and folders?

Or am I heading into the wrong direction?