Cant boot from my HFS drive after partition recovery (can access drive and see all files again)

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
lavuy

Cant boot from my HFS drive after partition recovery (can access drive and see all files again)

#1 Post by lavuy »

HI,

I have a MacBook pro with macOS High Sierra and the partition crashed Its a HFS+ partition .
I was able to repair/recover the partition and can now access all files when connecting to the drive as an external drive.

When placing it back in the MacBook OSX will not boot and I get an icon of a Drive with a question mark icon.

Trid resetting NVRAM or PRAM, SMC and nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thank in advance

saphiere

Re: Cant boot from my HFS drive after partition recovery (can access drive and see all files again)

#2 Post by saphiere »

lavuy wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 02:20 HI,

I have a MacBook pro with macOS High Sierra and the partition crashed Its a HFS+ partition . njmcdirect
I was able to repair/recover the partition and can now access all files when connecting to the drive as an external drive.

When placing it back in the MacBook OSX will not boot and I get an icon of a Drive with a question mark icon.

Trid resetting NVRAM or PRAM, SMC and nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thank in advance
Hey buddy, I am also having this issues on my macbook pro, If you've got the answer, would you mind sharing it with me?

Regards
Saphiere