Deeper search backup?

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
Deleted User 16632

Deeper search backup?

#1 Post by Deleted User 16632 »

Hello! I ran a deeper search on the hard drive that I wanted to recover files from but once it was complete, I accidentally exited the page while looking through the folderss. Can I find the results of the deeper search anywhere, or do I have to start the whole process all over again? If so, is there any way that I may save the results so that this doesn't happen again?

Alternatively, I've also tried using the Advanced option but only the options of "Superblock" and "Image creation" appear, not "List". Is there a reason for this?

Thanks!

recuperation

Re: Deeper search backup?

#2 Post by recuperation »

evelyn wrote: 26 May 2022, 12:22 Hello! I ran a deeper search on the hard drive that I wanted to recover files from but once it was complete, I accidentally exited the page while looking through the folderss. Can I find the results of the deeper search anywhere,
No, not that I am aware of.
or do I have to start the whole process all over again?
Yes.
If so, is there any way that I may save the results so that this doesn't happen again?
No.
Alternatively, I've also tried using the Advanced option but only the options of "Superblock" and "Image creation" appear, not "List". Is there a reason for this?
You are asking for an explanation of missing features that you personally expect? Are the people supporting Testdisk supposed to justify that it does not comply with your wishes?
I consider your question as pretty rude.

I feel like you did not operate Testdisk as carefully as necessary. Is there a reson for this?

How is this?!
Your attitude is embarassing.

You are free to modify the source code, it is available on this site.
If you want to incorporate new features feel free to ask the programmer for a quote.