So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing

How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
bzllan

So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing

#1 Post by bzllan »

So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing, now it is unallocated free space, how can I recovery this btrfs patition table? The testdisk can't find the btrfs patition table

recuperation

Re: So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing

#2 Post by recuperation »

bzllan wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 12:28 So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing, now it is unallocated free space, how can I recovery this btrfs patition table? The testdisk can't find the btrfs patition table
There is no "btrfs partition table". There are two partitioning schemes, MBR and GPT. If you used one of them you must have formatted at least one partition as a BTRFS partition.

I am not familiar with BTFRS. If I got it correctly you can even format a disk completely in BTRFS without partitioning it first.

Depending on your settings during the creation of BTRFS you will have to select MBR, GPT or "none" in Testdisk.
Describing your disk settings how they were like before the incident happen could be helpful.

bzllan

Re: So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing

#3 Post by bzllan »

recuperation wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 21:45
bzllan wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 12:28 So sorry, my fedora_localhost-live btrfs patition is missing, now it is unallocated free space, how can I recovery this btrfs patition table? The testdisk can't find the btrfs patition table
There is no "btrfs partition table". There are two partitioning schemes, MBR and GPT. If you used one of them you must have formatted at least one partition as a BTRFS partition.

I am not familiar with BTFRS. If I got it correctly you can even format a disk completely in BTRFS without partitioning it first.

Depending on your settings during the creation of BTRFS you will have to select MBR, GPT or "none" in Testdisk.
Describing your disk settings how they were like before the incident happen could be helpful.
Thank you. People talk about the future, Btrfs is one of them.