recover mail takeout

Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
Forum rules
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
huburt

recover mail takeout

#1 Post by huburt »

I have lost a zip archive from google takeout, as a result of a hhd crash, I have run a recovery with photorec and found most of the files that were lost but not my takeout.zip. what I have after the zip file is mbox, html. txt, sqlite, elt , jsonlz4, gz. some are large 3gb. the files that contain data from mail zip are located in 9 different recup_dir. is there a way to assemble the takeout.zip file and make mail date readable, usable. ? ;)

recuperation

Re: recover mail takeout

#2 Post by recuperation »

huburt wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 14:06 I have lost a zip archive from google takeout, as a result of a hhd crash, I have run a recovery with photorec and found most of the files that were lost but not my takeout.zip. what I have after the zip file is mbox, html. txt, sqlite, elt , jsonlz4, gz. some are large 3gb. the files that contain data from mail zip are located in 9 different recup_dir. is there a way to assemble the takeout.zip file and make mail date readable, usable. ? ;)
If your file "takeout.zip" was not lost, just unpack that file at the location you want it to be.

huburt

#3 Post by huburt »

yes that is the problem, I have lost the .zip and now I will recreate it, but don't know how to.
I think I have all files recovered but they are in different format, all the files that I am aiming at her have the word
'tarkout' in them, so what commands du you run and which program to install?.

recuperation

#4 Post by recuperation »

huburt wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 06:46 yes that is the problem, I have lost the .zip and now I will recreate it, but don't know how to.
I think I have all files recovered but they are in different format, all the files that I am aiming at her have the word
'tarkout' in them, so what commands du you run and which program to install?.
There is no "tarkout" support in Photorec.
Use Windows Explorer or any zip programm to combine individual files into a zip archiv.

huburt

#5 Post by huburt »

thanks
that is what I experience, all attempts fail.
solved.